Wat Phra Si Sanphet

Illustration

Kim Martins
by
published on 26 April 2020
Send to Google Classroom:

This temple, which was used as a model for the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, was built in 1492 CE in the grounds of the former royal palace. It was known as the King’s Temple since it was used by the royal family for ceremonies, and the restored three main chedis (the Thai term for stupa) contain the ashes of three Ayutthayan kings. This photo shows the three chedis and was taken in 2019 CE.

Remove Ads

Advertisement

About the Author

Kim Martins
Kim is a freelance writer based in New Zealand. She has a B.A. (Hons) in History and an MA in Chaos & Complexity Science. Her special interests are fables and mythology, as well as exploration throughout the ancient world.

Cite This Work

APA Style

Martins, K. (2020, April 26). Wat Phra Si Sanphet. Ancient History Encyclopedia. Retrieved from https://www.ancient.eu/image/12125/

Chicago Style

Martins, Kim. "Wat Phra Si Sanphet." Ancient History Encyclopedia. Last modified April 26, 2020. https://www.ancient.eu/image/12125/.

MLA Style

Martins, Kim. "Wat Phra Si Sanphet." Ancient History Encyclopedia. Ancient History Encyclopedia, 26 Apr 2020. Web. 23 Nov 2020.

Remove Ads

Advertisement

Support Us

We are a non-profit organization.

Our mission is to engage people with cultural heritage and to improve history education worldwide. Please support Ancient History Encyclopedia Foundation. Thank you!

Donate